The course is classroom based, providing the knowledge required during the inspection of drill pipe and Bottom Hole Assemblies (BHA)
- Inspection Standards (Fearnley Procter NS-2TM - DS-1TM - API RP7G - ISO 10407)
- General Requirements “The objective of the standards”
- Evaluation of Imperfections under these standard
- Inspection and Repair Procedures
- Receipt Inspection for New Drill Pipe (NS-2TM)
- Limited Service (NS-2TM)
- How drill pipe, drill collars, HWDP, subs are manufactured
- Failure mechanisms in drill pipe and BHA components
- Technical theory behind NDT inspection methods
Aimed at: Inspection personnel. The grading of inspectors for this course is based on a level system. Each inspector will take a series of exams through out the 3 day theory.
An inspectors certificate for attendance and successful completion of the course and the specified pass mark will be issued.