NS-2 Drill Pipe and BHA Inspection Training
The course will provide the added knowledge required during the inspection of Drill Pipe and Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA)
- Inspection Standards (Fearnley Procter NS-2TM - DS-1TM - API RP7G - ISO 10407)
- General Requirements “The objective of the standards”
- Evaluation of Imperfections under these standard
- Inspection and Repair Procedures
- Receipt Inspection for New Drill Pipe (NS-2TM)
- Limited Service (NS-2TM)
- How drill pipe, drill collars, HWDP, subs are manufactured
- Failure mechanisms in drill pipe and BHA components
- Technical theory behind NDT inspection methods
- Field inspection of drill pipe, drill collars, HWDP, subs
Days 1-2-3 are classroom theory
Day 4/5 Practical workshop: Field inspection & examination of drill pipe, drill collars, HWDP, subs.
Note: Fearnley Procter do not have inspection workshop facilities. The practical part must be
done at the attendee inspector’s premises.
The grading of inspectors for this course is based on a level system. Each inspector will take a series of exams through out the 3 day theory and be marked on his practical work carried out.
An inspectorscertificate for attendance and successful completion of the course and the specified pass mark will be issued