Drill String Specification Awareness
This is an introductory course detailing the knowledge for the manufacturing and inspection standards process, required for the procurement, manufacturing, and field inspection of drilling equipment.
- Which specification to use & why
- Quality assurance considerations during manufacture
- Procurement specifications & drill string integrity
- Mechanical properties of drill string material
- Determine the acceptance criteria
- When to inspect (frequency)
- Drill pipe classification
- Methods of inspection
- How to use a criteria for limited service and fitness for purpose
- Standards covered will be Fearnley Procter NS-1TM - NS-2TM, API - NORSOK - ISO - DS1TM, ASTM, ASME & NACE
Course Pre-Qualifications: Although there are no specific requirements for this course, it is technical in structure and is intended for those with some experience of the Procurement and Inspection Process.
A certificate will be issued on satisfactory completion of the training.